January 13-19 in Review
- Proof Positive that weather in St. Louis is schizophrenic: In the last 7 days we have had
- Rain, Snow, 60 degree clear sunny days, Freezing rain, and temperatures in the single digits
- MSLM young missionaries are very creative in their missionary efforts. This week 2 elders decided to list a free book of mormon on Facebook Market place. A man responded to the add. When they deliver the book the man said he was looking forward to reading it. Then the missionaries invited him to go to church with them on Sunday and he said "Sure!" We're calling it the "Facebook Marketplace" approach
- This week we had two 'evenings out' with long time St. Louis members. First on Wednesday night we were invited to join the Elder & Sister Erickson and Elder & Sister Lisonbee at Rock & Joy Erickson's (no relation) home. We had a wonderful evening getting to know them and learning about their 2019 trip to Israel. Rock is the Just Serve Coordinator for the region and Elder Hatfield and I are looking forward to strengthening the missionary's use and involvement in Just Serve projects.
- On Friday, despite the threat of road closures due to freezing rain, we were invited to dinner at Paul and Patti Hintze's home. Though they both grew up in Provo, and are dear childhood friends of our friends Scott and Annette Bowen, they have lived in St. Louis for over 30 years. Elder Hintze had the idea of calling the Bowens and the 6 of us had a lively phone/in person conversation catching up and getting to know each other.
- Through out the week we helped move furniture and household equipment into a new apartment in preparation the arrival of the other half of our full time Mission Office staff. On Saturday, Elder & Sister Everton from Bountiful Utah arrived. Sister Everton will assume the Mission Nurse responsibilities and Elder Everton will take of over managing the vehicle and bike cycle fleet. We had them over for dinner tonight. We are excited to be able to work with them for the next 22 months!
A farewell party of sorts, as Rock and Joy say farewell to the Lisonbees and Ericksons
Post a Comment